THREE CHEERS FOR THE PERFECT SUMMER CHRISTMAS
As our Aussie festive season sails in on a raft of sunshine, food and good cheer, it’s time to shake up some tasty cocktails ideal for a sun-soaked Christmas down under.
It’s hard to go past a cold Margarita on a hot summer’s day with its squeeze of fresh lime over tequila and orange liqueur. Or to top the bittersweet refreshment of a fizzing Aperol Spritz. And if it’s a little more indulgence you’re after, nothing beats the creamy cloud of an Espresso Martini.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Cruise into Christmas with these summery drinks recipes - delicious, simple and perfect for whipping up quickly on Xmas day. Season’s Greetings from North Bondi Fish!
AGAVE GOJI SPRITZ
- Wine Glass
- 30ml Patron Silver Tequila
- 15ml Goji liqueur
- 30ml lime juice
- 15ml Agave Syrup
- 75ml Sparkling Rose’ (Pike & Joice)
- 60ml Soda water
- Build all ingredients in a wine glass over ice.
- Stir gently.
- Garnish with an edible flower
- Double Old Fashioned
- 45ml Patron Silver Tequila
- 15ml Cointreau
- 30ml lime juice
- 15ml Home-made habanero sugar syrup*
* Add 1kg of caster sugar, 1lt of water and 1 habanero chilli in a sauce pan. Bring to boil, then simmer until you reach the desired dilution/thickness. Cool down and store in a fridge until ready.
- Shake all ingredients and double strain over ice.
- Rim the glass with salt and chilli flakes.
- Throw in a dehydrated lime wheel.
- 45ml 42 Below Vodka
- 15ml De Kuyper Crème de Café
- 45ml Little Drippa cold press coffee
- 15ml Home made sugar syrup*
* Add 1kg of caster sugar, 1lt of water in a sauce pan. Bring to boil, then simmer until you reach the desired dilution/thickness. Cool down and store in a fridge until ready.
- Shake all ingredients and double strain into glass.
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans